The National Heirloom Exposition has been called “The World’s Fair of Pure Food,” It is the nation’s premier event for celebrating the history, preservation, and cultivation of heirloom varieties free from genetic modification.
The 11th anniversary of the National Heirloom Expo will be held September 10-12, 2024, at the Ventura County Fairgrounds, Ventura, CA.
Begun in 2011, the three-day event features an expo hall filled with beautiful displays of heirloom fruits and vegetables for exhibition and tasting, including the iconic Tower of Squash, which is always a centerpiece of the event!
- 🌱 Seed Swap All Three Days! Swapping seeds has never been so fun! Join us between 3:00 and 6:00 PM each day. Bring your heirloom varieties, mingle with fellow swappers, and maybe find your next garden treasure!
- 🐔 Heirloom Poultry Show Feathers will fly at our spectacular Poultry Show! Mark your calendar for all-day judging on Tuesday, September 10, and stay for the viewing throughout the expo. You’ve never seen birds like these!
- 🎓🌻Learn from world-renowned experts on heirloom gardening, sustainable agriculture, healthy eating, and much more!
- 🎨🌱Browse exhibits, shop the vendor hall filled with plants, seeds, and handcrafted products, and enjoy delicious healthy cuisine and beverages from the many local food vendors along the streets of the fairgrounds!
- Take a part of the Expo home with you! Come to the exhibition hall on Thursday evening for the fabulous produce sale! Beautiful heirloom squash, pumpkins, and more! Wagons optional (but recommended).
Hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. each day.
Tickets will be available soon.
2023 “National Heirloom Expo: Experience” video